Clearfield Fiber Products and Kits for Railroad Environments
Clearfield, Inc. provides fiber optic management, protection and delivery products for communications networks. Their “fiber to the anywhere” platform serves the unique requirements of leading incumbent local exchange carriers (ILECS), competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs), Wireless operators, and MSO/cable TV companies, while also catering to the broadband needs of the utility/municipality, enterprise, data center and military markets.
- Easy and quick to install compared to conventional cable plow and fiber distribution and spicing components.
- Modular concept creates local area fiber network building blocks.
- Eliminates the need for specialized training for fiber splicing.
- Eliminates the need for specialized fiber tools.
- Pricing is competitive without the high cost of labor
- Multiple fiber duct can be pre-installed on the front end, allowing scalability and expansion using “Pushable” fiber as the need arises.
- Maintenance duct and pushable fiber can be easily inventoried for disaster recovery as needed.
- Can be used as an independent stand-alone solution, or interconnected into legacy fiber networks for lateral access for drop-insert communications access.
- Fiber as a transport medium still provides the maximum potential for bandwidth in transport and backhaul networks. Clearfield is best suited to short-haul local area fiber network applications:
- Connecting multiple comm. or signal houses/case together to optimize one primary network backhaul.
- Connecting multiple comm. or signal houses/cases to share or hand-off local data or voice.
- Providing a means to access a legacy back-bone fiber network for drop-insert service lateral into a communications or signal case/house.
- Can be used to extend a legacy network for last mile location(s).
- Disaster recovery kits including pre-installed fiber in Clearfield microduct. This can be stored and readily available for deployment as needed.
Clearfield fiber can also be used for longer network requirements using strategically placed buried hand-holds or interface enclosures.
Contact the ARMS team for more information about using Clearfield Fiber solutions in rail environments.