Locomotive Battery Charging and Care Solutions
The ARMS team has an in-depth understanding of locomotive starting power issues. We work closely with trusted product experts and engineers inside our key Partner Companies and Select Vendors to meet all railroads’ demanding needs.
QuickCharge Portable Select-a-Charge Plus, 64 or 32 Volts, 20AMP
Float charger to use in shop or onboard. Front panel programming allows users to select charge profiles for either flooded or VRLA batteries. ARMS can provide this charger integrated with the Canadus Battery Energizer to keep batteries healthy and maximize battery performance and life.
Separate DC cable assemblies are available for use with this charger:
- 30ft extension cable with SB175 connectors on opposing ends
- 15ft cable with heavy duty clamps and SB175 connector on opposing ends
- Efficient, linear charge design
- Reverse polarity protected and current limited
- LED indicators provide charge status and assist troubleshooting
- 100% copper transformer heavy-duty rectifiers
- 5ft output cable is finished with SB connector; AC plug is installed on the power input cord
- Includes separate 15ft cable with an SB175 connector and insulated clamps; plus, a 30ft extension cable with SB connectors
- Optional full-charge audible alert
- Indication: Charge status LED, Volt/Amp meter
Flow-Rite SPWS for Locomotive Batteries
Frequent locomotive starts demand aggressive charging which results in increased water use within the batteries. Maintaining the proper level of water is essential to ensure cranking amps are available. The Flow-Rite single-point watering systems are designed specifically
- to survive the extreme temperatures and vibrations onboard locomotives
- to work on ALL MAJOR BRANDS of locomotive starting batteries
- to fit within the battery compartments on locomotives
- to ensure each cell receives the accurate amount of water
With over a decade of success on locomotives traveling across the US and Canada, the Flow-Rite single-point watering systems have been proven highly effective at reducing battery maintenance time/cost and improving battery performance. Flow-Rite SPWS may be purchased through ARMS for easy install by railroad maintenance crews. They can also be factory-installed when ordering new Stryten Energy locomotive starting batteries KDZ501-FR and KDZ651-FR.
Canadus Locomotive Battery Desulfator
Safe, proven and patented High-Frequency Battery Energizing (HFBE) technology that combats battery failure by eliminating sulfation problems, the primary reason for battery deterioration. Easy to install and use; no special tools are required. When batteries are charging, Canadus battery energizers draw energy from the charger (DC side) and automatically work to keep the battery plates clean.
- 32V & 64V
- Reverse polarity protected
- Operating Temperature: -45°…+85°C
- Green LED indicator
- M10 (3/8″) ring terminals
BatteryNurse™ systems provide high-performance testing and charging for optimal battery health and reliability. Systems are designed to maximize process flow within each facility so that locomotive batteries can move expediently through the stages: Triage > Watering > Bulk Charge >Test > Float Charge. This creates a store of qualified batteries that are available for immediate service. The BatteryNurse™ system prevents installation of bad batteries or improperly charged batteries that could cause no-starts and require redundant maintenance.
ARMS specializes in the highest caliber products and solutions to help railroads obtain optimum performance and viability from their locomotive starting batteries.