ViaSat - IP Satellite Communications for Railroad
ViaSat Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) provide real-time location tracking, management of remote assets, and improve operational awareness and supply chain visibility.
Assured, Real-Time connectivity – Fixed and Mobile
Regardless of harsh weather conditions, temporary loss of terrestrial communications, or operations in remote areas without available communications solutions, ViaSat has you covered.
ViaSat’s rugged fixed and mobile terminals are bandwidth efficient, low-latency, IP-based, and secure. They can be integrated with existing M2M systems to support real-time monitoring and control applications. Our mobile terminals real-time location data, critical diagnostic sensor data, and emergency messaging for locomotives as well as maintenance crews.
Contact the ARMS team to start a conversation of Satellite Communication.
VIASAT L-BAND TERMINAL FT2225 (Fixed terminal) & MT2220 (Mobile terminal)
Features Advanced Technology
- IP-based networking
- Interface agnostic with Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- AES256 Encryption
- Two-way send/receive connectivity
- Low-latency for instant message transfer and real-time monitoring with no delays
- High reliability—even in harsh weather conditions
- Low service costs with bandwidth-efficient networking
- Embedded commercial GPS and GLONASS
- Netted Voice